If your organization or corporation is interested in registering to take part in the 2013 Pride Parade, you need to download, print, and complete the form below, then mail it back to us with your payment.
- The people in charge of the contingent agree to respect and develop the 2013 parade theme: Our Flag, Our Life: RED
- Registration fees are non-refundable.
- Each group must designate one person in charge of the contingent who will attend the madatory co-ordination meeting, Sunday August 4, at 15:00, at Association sportive et communautaire du Centre-Sud, 2093, rue de la Visitation.
- No animals are allowed.
- Alcohol consumption is strictly prohibited during the parade and on the assembly site.
- No solicitation is allowed during the parade.
- Any distribution of promotional objects from a vehicle is strictly prohibited during the parade; only hand-to-hand distribution is authorized.
- The distribution of promotional objects or printed material must be pre-approved by the Montréal Pride organizing committee. Certain
- restrictions may apply.
- The organizing committee will approve the posting of all sponsors.
- Each vehicle can advertise only one sponsor and one organization or company
- Participants are not allowed to march completely naked.
- Groups using the assembly site will be required to make a $100 deposit (cheque or cash) upon arrival. This will be reimbursed at the end of the march, unless your assembly site is not left in the same condition in which you found it.
- Any group with a float must designate one person who will be in charge of the vehicle and four (4) people who must stand in front of each wheel of the vehicle at all times during the parade.
- All drivers must have the necessary licences and permits in order to operate vehicles.
- The floats must be safely built and operated.
- For safety reasons, the wheels of the floats must be hidden by wooden panels.
- Vehicles of more than three (3) metres, with a generator, must be equipped with a chemical extinguisher.
- Size limit for every vehicle is: 48 feet long, 10 feet wide and 13 feet high (from the ground).
- Vehicles must be at the starting point at the specified time and place.
- Vehicles must receive a conformity and safety authorization before driving in the parade. Only the vehicles which conform to the requirements can participate in the parade.
- A guard rail measuring 42 inches in height must be installed around the platform of the float if participants intend on being aboard the vehicle during the parade.
The deadline for registration is July 22, 2013 (form and payment received). An additional cost of $100 will apply for late registration (after July 22, 2013).
For more information please contact Mylène St Pierre.
Montréal Pride has adopted a non-discrimination policy. People and organizations must abide by the following principles: Montréal Pride supports access to equality and prohibits any discrimination concerning ethnic or national origin, beliefs, race, religious or political convictions, language, sex, age, income, sexual identity, mental or physical disabilities, HIV or AIDS.
Montréal Pride may refuse the participation of any organization if they do not reflect the mission and values of Montréal Pride. Any orgnizations promoting racism, xenophobia, homophobia, lesbophobia, transphobia or any geopolitical and religious conflicts, will be refused and will not take part in the Community Day and the Pride Parade.
PARTICIPATION IN THE PARADE IS SUBJECT TO APPROVAL BY THE MONTRÉAL PRIDE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE